The Waterford admissions process is all about fit. Naturally, we want to see every student thrive at Waterford. Candidates to Waterford will demonstrate an interest in learning and a readiness to develop their talents. Students enrolled at Waterford will study, practice and achieve in an academic environment. Students will be ready to learn and to engage with the faculty in the process of learning.
The Admissions Committee will carefully evaluate a student’s strengths as they relate to success at Waterford. To gauge a student’s ability and assess achievement admissions testing will be administered by the school. Consideration will also be given to a student’s previous academic record, teacher recommendations, progress in school, personal attributes, and special interests and talents.
Ultimately, Waterford is searching for curious and motivated students from all backgrounds who:
- Understand the value of persistence and hard work
- Show a natural aptitude for academics, art, music, dance, and/or athletics
- Enjoy challenges and receive satisfaction from setting and meeting ambitious goals
- Thrive in environments where curiosity and enthusiasm are appreciated and rewarded
- Display unusual curiosity about themselves, others and the world around them
- Plan on attending a reputable college
We highly encourage you to apply for admission if your child possesses these qualities.
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-23 School Year. The application deadline for Priority Admission is January 31, 2022. The deadline for Regular Admission is March 1, 2022. The application fee is $50.00. Applications received after the deadline will be placed into the Wait Pool in those classes where enrollment targets have been achieved.