Tuition & Fees

Home > Admissions > Tuition & Fees

Tuition Schedule 2023-24

Tuition for each academic year is set by the Board of Trustees.

PreK-3 and PreK-4

Three half days a week (a.m.)$8,840
Five half days a week (a.m.)$11,580
Three full days a week$12,790
Five full days a week$17,420

Kindergarten-Class XII

Full Day Kindergarten$22,310
Classes I – III$22,960
Classes IV – VII$26,300
Classes VIII – XII$29,430

Tuition Payment Plans

Waterford offers two different tuition payment plans. A non-refundable enrollment deposit of 10% of tuition is payable upon acceptance.

  • The One Payment Plan requires that the remaining 90% be paid by July 25th. Enrollment in this Payment Plan will yield a 2% discount of the Annual Tuition Rate.
  • The Monthly Payment Plan requires payment of the 90% paid over eight months with the first payment due June 25th and the final payment due January 25th. There is no interest charged with this plan.

Fees

The following bundled fees will be charged annually:

Lower School

  • Books and classroom materials $350 per year

Middle School

  • Books and classroom materials $525 per year
  • Athletics $100+ per sport

Upper School

  • Books and classroom materials $675 per year
  • Athletics $100+ per sport

The Books and Materials Fee is billed annually in October. Other miscellaneous costs and individualized courses vary (AP courses, athletic teams, dining hall charges, extracurricular activities, trips, extended day care, etc.) and are billed on a monthly basis. Billing statements are mailed on the fifth day of each month.

Tuition Refund Insurance

The school does not grant refunds for late entrance, absence, withdrawal or dismissal. The obligation of the parent to pay tuition and fees for the entire school year is unconditional. To assist parents in meeting this obligation, we offer the Dewar Tuition Refund Insurance, which is required under the Monthly Payment Plan. It is optional under the One Payment Plan. The cost of this insurance is 1.50% of the 2023-24 annual tuition.

We are committed to making a Waterford education affordable for our students. To fulfill this commitment, the School maintains a Financial Assistance Program. Need-based financial aid can make Waterford more affordable for families who demonstrate financial need.

15%

of students enrolled at Waterford School receive financial assistance.

The Waterford School is an independent, non-profit organization. Tuition and fees support approximately 95 percent of the operating expenses. The remaining 5 percent, the gap between tuition and the cost to educate a student, is contributed by parents, alumni, and friends of Waterford through the Annual Fund. Contributions to the Annual Fund are tax-deductible.

Do you have questions about affordability you’d like to discuss with us?

"*" indicates required fields

Grades of Interest*
We welcome questions or comments so that we may provide you with the resources to best meet your needs. It is helpful for us to know your child's name, your child's grade, and the grade and year for which you are seeking admission.