Writing Center and Library Support Staff; After School Homework Center Coordinator
The Waterford School seeks applications for a part-time position (28 hours per week) that support students in three different ways: in our Writing Center; as support staff in the school library; and as coordinator of the School’s after-school Homework Center in the Library. This role would report to the Writing Center Director and the Library Department Chair. The hours for this position are 11 am - 6 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- Lead one-on-one consultations with students in the school’s Writing Center
- Maintain Writing Center space and scheduling
- Maintain familiarity with school curriculum in order to provide relevant support to student learning
- Serve as library support staff by shelving books, cataloguing titles, and providing supervision to students who use the library during the school day
- Assist students in using the library: give book recommendations, teach students to use the catalogue system, provide support in student research
- After school hours, provide guided study time that includes individual attention to students to help them prioritize tasks, problem solve challenges, and complete homework.
- Familiarity with Canvas LMS would be helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Previous experience working in Writing Centers preferred
- Previous experience supporting students in the academic realm
- Ability to create a welcoming environment where students can be supported and productive.
Qualified candidates should forward a résumé and letter of interest, by email or post, to
Office of the Head of School