Welcome to Waterford School
We are so happy you found us. We look forward to learning more about you and your child who have shown interest in the Waterford School x Silicon Slopes Sponsors Scholarship Program. The fifteen available $10,000 partial merit-based scholarships are intended to recognize the exceptional accomplishment and merit of highly motivated and top-level students, as well as the special gifts and talents in STEM, the humanities, the fine and performing arts, athletics, community service, leadership, and other curricular and co-curricular passion and talent.
As an employee of a Silicon Slopes sponsoring company, you are invited to learn more about these scholarships through Waterford School’s Admissions Office by scheduling a visit.
Waterford School is Utah's premier liberal arts, college preparatory private school for students in Preschool through High School. Waterford inspires individuals to pursue lives of meaning and purpose by providing students with a world-class education that stimulates intellect, ignites passion, and shapes character.
A MISSION-ALIGNED PARTNERSHIP
Mission: We provide students with a world-class liberal arts education that stimulates intellect, ignites passion, and shapes character.
Mission: Learn | Connect | Serve
As Utah expands, specifically in the technology sector along Silicon Slopes, supporting this growth is extremely important. Key factors influencing this growth include the economy and job opportinues, affordability of housing, and education.
Silicon Slopes was built around providing influential and startup tech companies of the Wasatch Front together to bring vitality to the area. Waterford believes in support of this effort as education is often a barrier of entry in many expanding areas. Waterford provides a world-class education and an incredible community for families relocating to the area and for local families who want to provide the best education for their children.
Waterford School and Silicon Slopes have partnered together in this exciting venture!
- The student must be applying for admission to Grades I-X, and they or their siblings are not currently enrolled at Waterford School.
- The applicant’s parent must be a full-time employee of a sponsoring Silicon Slopes company.
- The student demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, at or above the top 10% of their class—as demonstrated through current school transcripts, teacher recommendations, audition and/or portfolio review and standardized testing.
- The student exhibits clear curricular and co-curricular passion and accomplishments in one or more of the following areas—STEM, the humanities, the fine and performing arts, athletics, community service, leadership, or other curricular and co-curricular talents.
- The student is able to provide enthusiastic and supportive endorsement from current teachers, school principal or guidance counselor, along with exemplary teacher recommendations.
- The candidate will also demonstrate a commitment to Waterford’s Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Curiosity, Responsibility and Caring.
SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS & APPLICATION PROCESS
Up to 15 scholarships are available, ten for Lower School and five for Middle/Upper School.
The Waterford x Silicon Slopes Sponsors Scholarship is a partial scholarship. The family is expected to make an appropriate contribution to the child’s education.
The candidate will meet all admission qualifications through the submission of:
- Application of Admission
- School Records
- Teacher Recommendations
- On-campus interview and visit
- On-campus assessments in literacy and math
- Student Essay (Grades VI-X)
Deadline: Completed applications are due by JUNE 1, 2021 for consideration in the 2021-2022 school year.
The final decision for the awarding of the Waterford x Silicon Slopes Sponsors Scholarships will be made by the Waterford School Scholarship Committee; deliberations will remain confidential. An annual review will be made of the student's achievement, citizenship, and participation in the Waterford community.
AVAILABLE SPONSORS SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
SILICON SLOPES SPONSOR COMPANIES
DIVERSITY & NONDISCRIMINATION POLICIES
The Waterford School recognizes that the intellectual curiosity and self-reflection it desires from its students can best be accomplished in an environment that contains multiple points of view engendered by diverse life experiences. Toward that end, the School has established policies designed to attract and retain faculty, students and families who represent socio-economic and ethnic diversity.
The Waterford School admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The Waterford School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information in administration of its educational policies, admissions and financial aid policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus.