Waterford School is Utah’s premier liberal arts, college preparatory private school for students in Preschool through High School. Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. Waterford School’s liberal arts program provides a strong foundation, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class education distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, a deep commitment to student growth, and a learning environment that is caring, nurturing, and inspiring.
Math tutoring involves one-on- one tutoring with students at the Waterford School. Tutoring sessions usually occur two times per week. Sessions are 45-60 minutes, and take place both during school and after school hours Monday through Friday. The tutoring position includes the following expectations:
- Math tutoring involves all levels of mathematics: elementary level up to and including AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics, as well as the sciences including physics, chemistry, and biology.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of tutoring, teaching, or otherwise mentoring experience.
- Available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Position will immediately start with up to 28 hours per week, at $17.50/hour.
- Communication with students’ parents and current homeroom teachers. Tutors are required to write two reports each term. The midterm report is brief, and its purpose is to establish goals, while the end of term report is more comprehensive and informative. Reports are shared with parents, teachers, tutoring directors, and all other applicable faculty members.
- A willingness to learn the skills necessary to maintaining Google Drive folders for all students and to becoming proficient in working with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar.
- Attendance at weekly tutor meetings
- Paid training will occur with the applicable tutoring directors and department heads.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and letter of interest, by email to:
Office of the Head of School