Students involved in the Outdoor Program spend over 40 nights a year in the backcountry participating in multi-day wilderness trips across northern and southern Utah, as well as in the Pacific Northwest. These trips are available to all students in the Upper School and focus on leadership and community development, environmental awareness, technical skill development, and the study of natural and cultural history within the course area.
In addition to offering multiple overnight trips, the Outdoor Program advises a student council and hosts Waterford’s multiple events during the year, including an annual competition on the school’s climbing wall.
- City of Rocks Rock Climbing – October 5th-7th, 2018
- Ouray Ice Climbing – March 1st-4th, 2019
- Multi-Sport Extravaganza – April 18th, 2019
- Wasatch Fall Rock Climbing – October 27th, 2018
- Middle School Nordic Ski – January 26th, 2019
- Middle School Uinta Packrafting – April 27th, 2019
- Wasatch Fall Hike – October 19th, 2018
- Wasatch Snowshoe – February, 2019
- Spring Adventure – March, 2019