Students involved in the Outdoor Program spend over 40 nights a year in the backcountry participating in multi-day wilderness trips across northern and southern Utah, as well as in the Pacific Northwest. These trips are available to all students in the Upper School or Middle School and focus on leadership and community development, environmental awareness, technical skill development, and the study of natural and cultural history within the course area.
In addition to offering multiple overnight trips, the Outdoor Program advises a student council and hosts Waterford’s multiple events during the year, including an annual competition on the school’s climbing wall.
- Zion Canyoneering – October 11th-13th, 2019
- Winter Overnight – February 28-March 1st, 2020
- Multi-Sport Extravaganza – April 17th, 2020
- Wasatch Fall Rock Climbing – TBD
- Middle School Nordic Ski – January 25th, 2020
- Middle School Uinta Packrafting – April 25th, 2020
- Wasatch Fall Hike – October 18th, 2019
- Wasatch Snowshoe – February, 2020
- Spring Adventure – March, 2020