Waterford School is Utah’s premier liberal arts, college preparatory private school for students in Preschool through High School. Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. Waterford School’s liberal arts program provides a strong foundation, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class education distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, a deep commitment to student growth, and a learning environment that is caring, nurturing, and inspiring.
Waterford is seeking a full-time Registrar for the Middle and Upper School to begin in the 2022-2023 school year. The registrar is responsible for maintaining student records, managing the registration and scheduling process, publishing grades and progress reports, and responding to course and schedule requests from students and parents. Serving as a presence at our MS/US front desk is also an important part of this role. The registrar is a vital role in educating our community about the academic program and path to graduation at the school.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing course scheduling and enrollment
- Managing academic documents including transcripts, progress reports, and various student honors
- Overseeing all academic content in Veracross
- Coordinating and scheduling substitute teachers for MS/US faculty
- Supporting new families in the onboarding process
- Serving as a first-line academic advisor to families who have questions about our academic program and the path to graduation
- Overseeing student credit history and following up to ensure students maintain their path to graduation
- Managing the registration process and coordinating events and resources to educate our community about the registration process
- Managing all student records
Competencies and Skills Desired
- A genuine desire to work with students and families
- Administrative experience in a school setting
- Integrity, professionalism, sound judgment, and emotional intelligence
- Engaging interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong technology skills (experience with Veracross a plus)
- Willingness to problem-solve and think creatively
- Excellent communication skills
The Waterford campus is set on 45 acres at the foot of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b).
For more information about the school, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a résumé and letter of interest, by email, or fax, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.