The Marketing & Communications Associate will provide support for all communications and marketing programs that are coordinated to address the Waterford School’s audiences (internal and external) with a unified and cohesive voice. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, they will manage all graphic and visual output and production as well as support the Marketing & Communications Department in their work with Institutional Advancement (Admissions Office and Development Office) and additional school-wide needs.
Waterford School is Utah’s premier liberal arts, college preparatory independent school for students in Preschool through High School. Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. A commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging is essential to the Waterford mission. The school’s liberal arts program provides a strong foundation, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class education distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, a deep commitment to student growth, and a learning environment that is caring, nurturing, and inspiring.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a consistent brand and graphic standard school-wide
- Provide all visual needs, including executing photography, videography, podcast, live-streaming and setting up an archival system for past and future media.
- Assist in the production of all publications, including writing, layout, graphic design, and production. These production pieces may include the Annual Magazine, Annual Giving Brochure, Viewbook, Special Events publications, handbooks, directories, stationery and invitations
- Assist in developing and executing inbound marketing strategies and content, including SEO, paid and organic search, digital advertising, social media, etc.
- Design internal and external communications, including emails, newsletters, digital media, advertising - print and digital, direct mail, etc.
- Assist in writing of newsletters, news articles and press releases for media and public relations
- Assist with content creation for school-wide needs, including banners, invitations, emails, etc.
- 2+ years of professional photography, videography, graphic design and web-design experience
- 1+ years experience working in marketing, with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, basic web-coding, and G-Suite
- Excellent writing skills, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Creative, cooperative, amiable, self-motivated, supportive, well-read
- Proficient with video editing and the use of video equipment
The Waterford campus is set on 41 acres at the foot of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b).
For more information about the school, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a résumé and letter of interest, by email, or fax, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.