Waterford School is Utah’s premier liberal arts, college preparatory private school for students in Preschool through High School. Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. Waterford School’s liberal arts program provides a strong foundation, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class education distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, a deep commitment to student growth, and a learning environment that is caring, nurturing, and inspiring.
Lower School Math tutoring involves one-on-one tutoring with students in grades pre-K through fifth grade. Tutoring sessions usually occur two to three times per week. Sessions are 45-60 minutes, and take place before, during school, and after school hours Monday through Friday. The tutoring position includes the following expectations:
- Math tutoring involves all levels of elementary mathematics: pre-K to pre-algebra.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 2-3 years of tutoring, teaching, or otherwise mentoring experience.
- Position will immediately start with up to 28 hours per week
- Communication with students’ parents and current homeroom teachers, including report writing.
- A willingness to learn the skills necessary to maintain Google Drive folders for all students and to become proficient in working with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar.
- Attendance at scheduled tutoring meetings
- Paid training will occur with the applicable tutoring directors and department heads.
The Waterford campus is set on 41 acres at the foot of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b).
For more information about the school, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and letter of interest, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.