The Waterford School, a PK-12 independent school located in Sandy, Utah is currently searching for a new Director of Advancement. Leading a staff of five, and working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Director of Advancement will create vision and build strategy to deepen and broaden the culture of philanthropy at Waterford School as the school prepares for a major capital campaign.
The Director of Advancement reports to the Head of School, Andrew Menke, and serves on the school’s senior leadership team. As such the Director will be a passionate spokesperson for Waterford’s vision, mission and core values, while stewarding strong relationships with all school stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Planning and providing oversight for an anticipated capital campaign
- Building, cultivating and stewarding positive relationships with all school stakeholders.
- Playing an active personal role in major gift fundraising including from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Engaging in front-line fundraising
- Providing support to the Board Advancement and Governance Committees
- Creating and managing an active major giving program
- Creating and managing an active planned giving program
- Creating and managing an active volunteer engagement program
- Providing oversight of advancement staff involved in: Waterford’s Annual Giving Program; Parent and Alumni Relations; Events; Donor Database and Records; School Archives and School Store
- Performing other duties assigned by the Head of School
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Proven 5-10 years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience – with a focus on major gifts, including individuals, foundations and/or corporations
- Proven experience in a campaign environment preferred
- Proven experience working with, and supporting, volunteer and board committees
- Proven experience managing and motivating staff
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized and self-motivated
- The compensation package includes a very competitive salary, as well as comprehensive benefits package.
- Some travel and weekend/evening work required.
Application and Information Process:
For more information about Waterford School, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
To submit application please include a resume, cover letter and a minimum of three professional references.
Confidentiality is maintained for initial inquiries.