The Waterford School, a PreK – 12 independent school serving 920 students in suburban Salt Lake City, is seeking a Communications Associate. Waterford School offers a broad, college-preparatory liberal arts program that emphasizes the fine arts in conjunction with the traditional academic disciplines and athletics.
The Communications Associate will provide support for all communications and marketing programs that are coordinated to address the Waterford School’s audiences (internal and external) with a unified and cohesive voice. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, they will manage all graphic and visual output and production as well as support the Communications Department in their work with the Admissions Office, Advancement Office and additional school-wide needs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2+ years of professional photography, videography, social media, graphic design and web-design experience
- Marketing, communications, or journalism experience is preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, basic web-coding, and G-Suite
- Excellent writing skills, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Creative, cooperative, amiable, self-motivated, supportive, well-read
- Maintain a consistent brand and graphic standard school-wide
- Provide all visual needs, including executing photography, videography, podcast, live-streaming and setting up an archival system for past and future media.
- Execute production of all publications, including writing, layout, graphic design, and production. These production pieces may include the Annual Report, Annual Giving Brochure, Viewbook, Special Events publications, handbooks, directories, stationery and invitations
- Design internal and external communications, including emails, newsletters, digital media, advertising - print and digital, direct mail, etc.
- Execute school's social media strategy and daily communication
- Assist in writing of newsletters, news articles and press releases for media and public relations
- Assist with content creation
- Provide design for all special events, including banners, invitations, emails, etc.
- Manage layout, implementation and design of the website
The Waterford campus is set on 45 acres at the foot of the Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b) with this full time position.
For more information, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and letter of interest, by email to
Office of the Head of School