Waterford Summer Term offers students opportunities to broaden their skills and experience in the world through participation in courses offered on campus, in country and abroad. Academic courses focus on topics that are difficult to cover with equal depth in the bustle of the school year. Sports camps help improve students’ overall fitness and prepare them for a successful season. Travel abroad gives students a unique opportunity to practice a language, see history in context, participate in musical performances in international venues or have a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor experience. Humanitarian service is also an important focus of Summer Term.
Make next summer memorable by participating in a Summer Term course, camp, or travel opportunity!
Courses on Campus
The catalog of courses to be offered on or near Waterford’s campus in Summer 2017 will be available in mid-November, 2016. Application for enrollment will begin in early December. Please watch for announcement of the posting of this information.
Arrangements for Summer Term Travel are nearly complete. Some trips have filled to capacity, a few have been cancelled due to the small number of students who applied. The list below indicates the status for each trip. It is still possible for qualified students to apply for trips that have a sufficient number of participants to go but that still have space available. Application for these trips can be made through the Apply link at the end of the trip description.
Important Billing Information
- The initial, non-refundable deposit (50% of trip tuition) has been billed
- For early trips (Humanitarian Service in Kolkata, Zion Nation Park and Choir Festival in Honolulu) the remaining 50% will appear in your February Waterford statement.
- For summer trips the balance will be billed in March.
- Deposits and balances must be paid by the end of the month in which they are billed.
Humanitarian Service in Kolkata, India
(This trip is full.)
Important note for Men’s/Women’s Lacrosse, Men’s Soccer and other Spring Term sports: These teams are in season during Spring Break. Tryouts, practices, and team travel may occur during that time. If you plan to participate on one of these teams you should check with your coach before applying for a Spring Break trip.
In the hope that it will facilitate your planning, approved courses for Summer 2018 are listed below. Proposals for travel in 2019 are currently being solicited from faculty and will be posted soon.
- Humanitarian Service in Guatemala – Spring Break 2018
- MS Outdoor: San Rafael Swell – Spring Break 2018
- France: Paris and Normandy – June 2018
- Spain – June 2018
- Theater in Greece and Rome – June 2018
- China – June 2018
- US Outdoor: Maine Island Trail (kayaking, summit attempt of Katahdin, Acadia National Park) – June or July 2018
- MS Outdoor: Slovenia – Late June 2018
Click here to explore the Summer Term travel opportunities for Waterford faculty and staff.
Waterford Summer Term is available only to currently enrolled students and new students enrolling in the 2016-17 school year.
Please direct your questions or suggestions about Summer Term to: