Waterford School is Utah’s premier liberal arts, college preparatory private school for students in Preschool through High School. Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. A commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging is essential to the Waterford mission. Waterford School’s liberal arts program provides a strong foundation, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class education distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, a deep commitment to student growth, and a learning environment that is caring, nurturing, and inspiring.
Waterford School seeks an Advancement Coordinator to report to the Director of Advancement. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, she/he is a key leader in the organizational efforts behind the annual fund, campaigns, and alumni relations operations. The Advancement Coordinator will facilitate gift processing, data integrity, pledge protocols, monthly reports, financial reconciliation, budget, and mailing support for the Advancement Office. She/he works effectively and collegially with all constituents of the School, as represented with a professional customer service mentality.
- Assist and collaborate with the Advancement team across a wide range of responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to volunteers, alumni, parents, and other constituents in donor-related issues
- Oversee gift processing and administer stewardship components of the gift process through timely acknowledgments and receipting (target turnaround of 2 business days)
- Maintain, input, and update the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database with meticulous attention to accuracy and preservation of informational integrity, including various cleanup projects as needed
- Configure and maintain the tables, campaigns, funds and appeals, and other components of Raiser’s Edge
- Support donor research utilizing best practices and research tools
- Assist in the coordination of all direct mail appeals
- Prepare a wide variety of reports, exports, and queries for Board meetings, Director of Advancement, Director of the Waterford Fund and Alumni Relations, and the Business Office, as needed
- Creates new records in Raiser’s Edge for the new school year and as needed
- Update the end-of-school-year changes and all related information on pertinent records
- Create and distribute all tax receipts for charitable donations to the School
- Create and manage a gift processing manual that standardizes and clearly describes all steps related to gift entry, acknowledgment, and reporting
- Assist with guest lists, invitations, and mailings for Advancement events
- Track pledge payments and send out pledge reminders
- Provide data and technical assistance for the production of the Annual Report
- Execute reporting functions in Raiser’s Edge relating to finances, constituent management, and other areas of need
- Collaborating with Advancement and Business colleagues to ensure that all gifts are recorded, processed, and tracked appropriately
- Reconciling all philanthropic giving with the school’s general ledger
- Act as office manager: order supplies, maintain storage spaces, and assist with general administrative tasks as needed
- Participate in all events planned by the Advancement office
- Act as the primary contact for all third party vendors utilized by the Advancement department
- Track office expense budget with regular reconciliation with the Business Office
- Maintain filing for Advancement Office
- Preparing mailing lists, invitations, mail merges, e-communications, and materials
- Work with the Business Office for annual audit and NWAIS reporting
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience is preferred in non-profit fundraising with accounting experience preferred
- Strong computer skills required, including Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, GoogleDocs, and MS Office.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member
- Creativity, fanatical attention to detail, and diplomacy required
- Excellent phone, email, and in-person etiquette in dealing with constituents and donors
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work in a changing environment required
The successful candidate will be able to develop a healthy rapport with families, work collaboratively with colleagues, and will embrace Waterford School’s mission, vision, and values.
The Waterford campus is set on 41 acres at the foot of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b).
For more information about the school, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a résumé and letter of interest, by email, or fax, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.