Admissions Office Coordinator
The Waterford School, a PreK – 12 independent school serving 920 students in suburban Salt Lake City, is seeking a Communications Associate. Waterford School offers a broad, college-preparatory liberal arts program that emphasizes the fine arts in conjunction with the traditional academic disciplines and athletics.
The Admissions Office Coordinator will serve as administrative assistant to the Director of Admissions providing consistent, confidential, and professional administrative support. The Admissions Office Coordinator will manage the flow of the office and is central to all admissions activities. The Admissions Office Coordinator plays an integral role in the day-to-day operational functions of the admissions office. The Admissions Office Coordinator manages the Waterford Student Ambassador Program. The ideal candidate will be the first line of communication between the Admissions Office and the broader community.
The Admissions Office Coordinator will work primarily with the Director of Admissions and the Assistant Director of Admission.
- Bachelor’s degree; though a combination of education, experience, and aptitude can be substituted
- 2+ years' prior experience in education or working closely with students or as an executive assistant to a high-level school administrator or corporate executive
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Dedication to a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technologically savvy
- Experience with database management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proficiency with Google tools and apps
- Proven success at working collaboratively and efficiently on a creative and goal-oriented team
- Warm and personable with a good sense of humor and considerable patience
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in an academic atmosphere
The Waterford campus is set on 45 acres at the foot of the Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b).
For more information, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and letter of interest, by email to
Executive Assistant, Office of the Head of School
The Waterford School
1480 E. 9400 South
Sandy, UT 84093