Waterford School is Utah’s premier liberal arts, college preparatory private school for students in Preschool through High School. Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. Waterford School’s liberal arts program provides a strong foundation, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class education distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, a deep commitment to student growth, and a learning environment that is caring, nurturing, and inspiring.
Waterford is seeking a full-time Admissions Associate. The Admissions Associate, under the guidance and direction of the Director of Admission, is primarily responsible for the collaborative implementation of key elements in the school’s enrollment management programs. The Admissions Associate will participate in all facets of planning and execution of all functions of the Admissions Office, including admission, enrollment and retention programs, and procedures covering Pre-K through 12th grade admissions. The Admissions Associate will engage in the overall promotion of the school and its mission, cultivating and stewarding relationships with prospective students and families from inquiry to enrollment, including but not limited to the preparation and support for admissions, retention and enrollment events and functions. Candidates must be able to handle confidential material with the utmost discretion.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as one of the initial contacts for families seeking enrollment at Waterford School
- Answer questions on a vast array of admissions queries via personal visits, web requests and online inquiries, inbound marketing, and phone calls
- Interview prospective families
- Provide campus tours
- Coordinate admissions testing, evaluations, and review
- Coordinate onboarding processes from enrollment to respective school division, Registrar, and Academic Dean
- Provide follow-up communication and nurture the prospective family journey
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Committee to determine student admissibility
- Perform data collection and research current enrollment trends, new student admissions, and activities
- Prepare benchmark reports for the Director of Admission
- Assist with all Admissions events as directed (Open Houses, Receptions, Waterford Wednesdays, Ambassadors, and other outreach efforts)
- Work with the Director of Admission on annual Re-enrollment processes
- Provide assistance to Lower School front office
Competencies and Skills Desired:
- 3-5 years experience in admissions, student recruitment, communications, and/or public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal and public relations skills
- Ability to communicate effectively within the school community and the public
- High-energy person, efficient and hard-working with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to maintaining high professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality in all aspects of the admissions process
- Highly collaborative
- Technology skills (mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, GoogleDocs, and the admissions database portal - Veracross)
- Integrity, professionalism, sound judgment, self-starter and high emotional intelligence
The Waterford campus is set on 41 acres at the foot of Utah’s Wasatch Mountains, one of North America’s premier outdoor and recreational areas. The school offers an outstanding working environment. The atmosphere is collegial; both families and faculty show a genuine commitment to learning. Benefits include medical, dental, 403(b).
For more information about the school, please go to www.waterfordschool.org.
Qualified candidates should forward a résumé and letter of interest, by email, or fax, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.