Waterford School Math and Science Tutor
Math and science tutoring involves one-on- one tutoring with students at the Waterford School. Tutoring sessions usually occur two times per week. Sessions are 45-60 minutes, and take place both during school and after school hours Monday through Friday. The tutoring position includes the following expectations:
- Math and science tutoring involves all levels of mathematics: elementary level up to and including AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics, as well as the sciences including physics, chemistry, and biology.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of tutoring, teaching, or otherwise mentoring experience.
- Available Monday through Thursday between 8am and 4:30pm.
- Position will immediately start with 28 hours per week, at $17.50/hour.
- Communication with students’ parents and current homeroom teachers. Tutors are required to write two reports each term. The midterm report is brief, and its purpose is to establish goals, while the end of term report is more comprehensive and informative. Reports are shared with parents, teachers, tutoring directors, and all other applicable faculty members.
- A willingness to learn the skills necessary to maintaining Google Drive folders for all students and to becoming proficient in working with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar.
- Attendance at weekly tutor meetings
- Paid training will occur with the applicable tutoring directors and department heads.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and letter of interest, by email to:
Kameron O. Winterton
Director of Mathematics Tutoring
The Waterford School
1480 East 9400 South
Sandy, UT 84093