Summer Term 2016
Waterford Summer Term is a refreshing change from the regular school year’s learning milieu. Academic courses provide students with the opportunity to focus deeply in a specific, narrowed discipline, where they learn to think creatively, solve problems, write well, engage with ideas and experience places and opportunities that prepare them for meaningful life in a complex and rapidly evolving world. Athletics, arts and travel round out a rich curriculum designed to be a life-changing highlight in a student’s educational career.
Courses on Campus
Summer Term on campus has had an auspicious beginning. Courses in rowing, sewing, dance, Harry Potter cooking, computer programming, stop motion animation, beading, Dr. Seuss, and books and cooks are now complete. Also, off campus, we have students in China, Africa, Northern Europe and Spain with an excursion to Iceland in the wings.
Several courses have not yet begun and, in many of them, there is space available. To apply for enrollment, please use the REGISTRATION FORM.
Courses listed below have reached their maximum enrollment and additional applications are not being accepted.
- Nature Explorations – Session 1 (M – Th 7/18 – 7/21)
- Nature Explorations – Session 2 (T – Fr 7/26 – 7/29)
- Storybook Ballets
- Kids Create: Tinkering and Open Art Studio – Sessions 1 and 3
- Harry Potter Cooking
- Sewing – Afternoon Session
- Stop Motion Animation
- A Week with the Bard
- Just Bead It – Afternoon Session
- Ultimate Middle School Readers Society
- Upper School Creative Non-Fiction
- Poetry and Yoga
- Shakespeare Reading and Writing
- Grasping Grammar
- French Literature and Cuisine
- Modern Dance Camp IV – VI
Enrollment will remain open for courses offered through the Waterford Dance Academy (Early and Late Dance Intensives). Please make enrollment arrangements directly with Kate Linsley.
The links below connect to the list of courses offered in Summer 2016.
- Course List by Grade
A list of on-campus courses ordered by the grade level at which they are offered.
- Course List by Date
A list of on-campus courses ordered by the start date for the course.
- Course Catalog
The complete catalog of on-campus course offerings.
Completing the Registration Form
- Click the link below to access the Summer Term Registration Form
- First, fill in the Student Information and Parent Contact Information
- Scroll the form until you find the grade level your child will enter in Fall 2016
- Check the boxes in that section associated with courses in which you wish to register your child
- After selecting courses, scroll to the bottom of the form and click “Submit”
(Please note: Submitting the form adds your child’s name to the list of applicants for these courses. Successful submission is NOT a guarantee of actual enrollment.)
- Fill out a separate form for each student registering for Summer Term
Travel in Summer 2017 and 2018
Waterford School is pleased to announce travel offerings that have been approved for Summer 2017 and Summer 2018. Trip details and enrollment in these courses will be available in Fall 2016 and Fall 2017, respectively.
Important note for Men’s/Women’s Lacrosse and Men’s Soccer: These teams are in season during Spring Break. Tryouts, practices, and team travel generally occur during Spring Break. If you plan to participate on one of these teams you should not apply for the Spring Break humanitarian service offerings.
- Humanitarian Service in India – Spring Break 2017
- Italy – June 2017
- New Zealand – June 2017
- Orchestra in Estonia, Finland and Russia – June 2017
- Japan – June 2017
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – June 2017
- Humanitarian Service in Guatamala – Spring Break 2018
- France – June 2018
- Spain – June 2018
- Theater in Greece and Rome – June 2018
- China – June 2018
Waterford Summer Term is available only to currently enrolled students and new students enrolling in the 2016-17 school year.
Please direct your questions or suggestions about Summer Term to: