Summer Term 2016
Waterford Summer Term provides students with the opportunity to focus deeply in a specific discipline, where they learn to think creatively, solve problems, acquire skills, engage with ideas and experience places and opportunities that prepare them for meaningful life in a complex and rapidly evolving world. Taught by passionate master faculty, Summer Term offers a rich curriculum of unique athletic, academic, fine art and experiential courses designed to be a life-changing highlight in a student’s educational career.
Courses on Campus
The initial enrollment phase for Summer Term courses taught on campus is now over. Thank you to all who supported Waterford’s Summer Term.
In the coming weeks the following procedures will be in place:
- Courses that are currently filled to capacity will accept no additional registration applications.
- Courses that lack a sufficient number of students enrolled will be cancelled.
- Enrollment remains open for courses that have at least the required minimum but are not yet full. Students will be added to these courses in the order in which the registration application is received.
- Nursery Literacy: Dr. Seuss
- Nature Explorations – Session 2 (T – Fr 7/26 – 7/29)
- Books and Cooks
- Kids Create: Tinkering and Open Art Studio – Session 1 (M – Th 7/18 – 7/21)
- Harry Potter Cooking
- Sewing – Afternoon Session
- Stop Motion Animation
- A Week with the Bard
- Just Bead It – Afternoon Session
- Ultimate Middle School Readers Society
- Upper School Creative Non-Fiction
- Poetry and Yoga
- Shakespeare Reading and Writing
- Grasping Grammar
- French Literature and Cuisine
Solving Mysteries with Chemistry
This course has been opened to students entering Class VIII in Fall 2016 as well as those entering Class VII.
Enrollment will remain open for courses offered through the Waterford Dance Academy (Early and Late Dance Intensives). Please make enrollment arrangements directly with Kate Linsley.
Course Status Report
Click here to see the recently updated status of each Summer Term course.
The links below connect to the list of courses offered in Summer 2016.
- Course List by Grade
A list of on-campus courses ordered by the grade level at which they are offered.
- Course List by Date
A list of on-campus courses ordered by the start date for the course.
- Course Catalog
The complete catalog of on-campus course offerings.
Completing the Registration Form
- Click the link below to access the Summer Term Registration Form
- First, fill in the Student Information and Parent Contact Information
- Scroll the form until you find the grade level your child will enter in Fall 2016
- Check the boxes in that section associated with courses in which you wish to register your child
- After selecting courses, scroll to the bottom of the form and click “Submit”
(Please note: Submitting the form adds your child’s name to the list of applicants for these courses. Successful submission is NOT a guarantee of actual enrollment.)
- Fill out a separate form for each student registering for Summer Term
Travel in Summer 2017 and 2018
Waterford School is pleased to announce travel offerings that have been approved for Summer 2017 and Summer 2018. Trip details and enrollment in these courses will be available in Fall 2016 and Fall 2017, respectively.
Important note for Men’s/Women’s Lacrosse and Men’s Soccer: These teams are in season during Spring Break. Tryouts, practices, and team travel generally occur during Spring Break. If you plan to participate on one of these teams you should not apply for the Spring Break humanitarian service offerings.
- Humanitarian Service in India – Spring Break 2017
- Italy – June 2017
- New Zealand – June 2017
- Orchestra in Estonia, Finland and Russia – June 2017
- Japan – June 2017
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – June 2017
- Humanitarian Service in Guatamala – Spring Break 2018
- France – June 2018
- Spain – June 2018
- Theater in Greece and Rome – June 2018
- China – June 2018
Waterford Summer Term is available only to currently enrolled students and new students enrolling in the 2016-17 school year.
Please direct your questions or suggestions about Summer Term to: