Summer Term 2017
Waterford Summer Term offers students opportunities to broaden their skills and experience in the world through participation in courses offered on campus, in country and abroad. Academic courses focus on topics that are difficult to cover with equal depth in the bustle of the school year. Sports camps help improve students’ overall fitness and prepare them for a successful season. Travel abroad gives students a unique opportunity to practice a language, see history in context, participate in musical performances in international venues or have a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor experience. Humanitarian service is also an important focus of Summer Term.
Make next summer memorable by participating in a Summer Term course, camp, or travel opportunity!
Courses on Campus
The catalog of courses to be offered on or near Waterford’s campus in Summer 2017 will be available in mid-October, 2016. Application for enrollment will begin in early November. Please watch for announcement of the posting of this information.
Travel in Summer 2017, 2018 and 2019
In the hope that it will facilitate your planning, approved courses for Summers 2017 and 2018 are listed below. Proposals for travel in 2019 are currently being solicited from faculty and will be posted in early September, 2016.
Applications for travel in Summer 2017 will be accepted starting in November, 2016. If you have an interest in any of these courses, please watch for the announcement that the application process is open.
Important note for Men’s/Women’s Lacrosse and Men’s Soccer: These teams are in season during Spring Break. Tryouts, practices, and team travel generally occur during Spring Break. If you plan to participate on one of these teams you should not apply for the Spring Break humanitarian service offerings.
- Humanitarian Service in India – Spring Break 2017
- MS Outdoor: Zion National Park – Spring Break 2017
- Italy – June 2017
- New Zealand – June 2017
- Orchestra in Estonia, Finland and Russia – June 2017
- Japan – June 2017
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands – June 2017
- US Outdoor in Wind Rivers, Wyoming (backpacking, fly fishing, mountaineering) – June or July 2017
- MS Outdoor: Mt. Whitney (eastern Sierra mountaineering course with summit attempt on Mt. Whitney) – August 2017
- Humanitarian Service in Guatemala – Spring Break 2018
- MS Outdoor: San Rafael Swell – Spring Break 2018
- France – June 2018
- Spain – June 2018
- Theater in Greece and Rome – June 2018
- China – June 2018
- US Outdoor: Maine Island Trail (kayaking, summit attempt of Katahdin, Acadia National Park) – June or July 2018
Waterford Summer Term is available only to currently enrolled students and new students enrolling in the 2016-17 school year.
Please direct your questions or suggestions about Summer Term to: