Waterford Summer Term offers students opportunities to broaden their skills and experience in the world through participation in courses offered on campus, in-country and abroad. Academic courses focus on topics that are interesting tangents or just difficult to cover with equal depth in the bustle of the school year. Sports camps help improve students’ overall fitness and prepare them for a successful season. Travel abroad gives students a unique opportunity to practice a language, see history in context, participate in musical performances in international venues, or have a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor experience. Humanitarian service is also an important focus of Summer Term.
Make next summer memorable by participating in a Summer Term course, camp, or travel opportunity!
Courses on Campus
Sign-up for Summer Term courses on campus is nearly complete. Please note the following:
- Unless you applied for a course recently, you should have been billed for your Summer Term course selections. Please contact Steve Manning if this is not the case.
- Some courses are full and are not accepting additional applicants. These courses no longer appear in the Application Forms.
- Some courses have been canceled due to undersubscription. These courses no longer appear in the Application Forms.
- Courses that have achieved the minimum number of students required but which are not yet full, are still accepting applications until the course fills. These courses appear in the relevant Application Form.
To see the catalog of courses (listed by grade level) and to access application forms, click the link below:
Approved courses for Summer 2018 are listed below. Travel courses for 2019 and 2020 will be posted soon.
- Humanitarian Service in Guatemala – Spring Break 2018
- MS Outdoor: San Rafael Swell – Spring Break 2018
- France: Paris and Normandy – June 2018
- Spain – June 2018
- Theater in Greece and Rome – June 2018
- Italy: Ancient Rome and the Renaissance - June 2018
- China – June 2018
- Denmark, Sweden, and England: Art and Culture - June 2018
- US Outdoor: Maine Island Trail (kayaking, summit attempt of Katahdin, Acadia National Park) – June or July 2018
- MS Outdoor: Slovenia – Late June 2018
Waterford Summer Term is available only to currently enrolled students and new students enrolling in the 2017-18 school year.