Waterford Summer Term offers students opportunities to broaden their skills and experience in the world through participation in courses offered on campus, in-country and abroad. Academic courses focus on topics that are interesting tangents or just difficult to cover with equal depth in the bustle of the school year. Sports camps help improve students’ overall fitness and prepare them for a successful season. Travel abroad gives students a unique opportunity to practice a language, see history in context, participate in musical performances in international venues, or have a once-in-a-lifetime outdoor experience. Humanitarian service is also an important focus of Summer Term.
Make next summer memorable by participating in a Summer Term course, camp, or travel opportunity!
Courses on Campus
Sign-up for Summer Term courses on campus is well underway. Here's a look at events and deadlines that are coming soon.
- Initial billing for Summer Term tuition will happen in April with payment due in May.
- You may continue to enroll in Summer Term courses through the end of April.
- At the end of April, courses that don't have the minimum number of students will be canceled.
The following courses are already filled to capacity and no further enrollment requests will be accepted:
- Harry Potter Cooking - both sessions
- Robotics and Programming with Arduino
To see the catalog of courses (listed by grade level) and to access enrollment forms, click the link below:
Travel in Summer 2017
Arrangements for Summer Term Travel are now complete. If you have a question about a trip for which you are registered, please contact the Trip Leader directly. Bon Voyage! Gute Fahrt!
In the hope that it will facilitate your planning, approved courses for Summer 2018 are listed below. Proposals for travel in 2019 are currently being solicited from faculty and will be posted soon.
- Humanitarian Service in Guatemala – Spring Break 2018
- MS Outdoor: San Rafael Swell – Spring Break 2018
- France: Paris and Normandy – June 2018
- Spain – June 2018
- Theater in Greece and Rome – June 2018
- China – June 2018
- Denmark, Sweden, and England: Art and Culture - June 2018
- US Outdoor: Maine Island Trail (kayaking, summit attempt of Katahdin, Acadia National Park) – June or July 2018
- MS Outdoor: Slovenia – Late June 2018
Click here to explore the Summer Term travel opportunities for Waterford faculty and staff.
Waterford Summer Term is available only to currently enrolled students and new students enrolling in the 2017-18 school year.